Wednesday, October 26, 2011

First Entry--Requesting Your Undying Support

BLOGGING--WHAT IT WAS FOR ME BEFORE

So, obviously my last blog didn't work out.  Secretly, I wanted it to be a collaboration with my husband and I eventually burnt myself out trying to keep up with clever posts and lots of photo uploads.  Secretly, it wasn't a secret.  I would give him assignments--ask him to blog his take on different things that we did.  He hated it.  Clearly this was not a project on which we would successfully collaborate . . . fortunately we're really good at parenting together!

BLOGGING--WHAT IT WILL BE FOR ME NOW

This blog will be mine, and mine alone.  I will be responsible for updating posts.  I can't give Jeremy any assignments, which I really think will save me from suffering the disappointment when he doesn't post any entries.  It will be a diary.  If I can catch something on the camera, I will try to post it on here.  But, for the most part I'm afraid this will be a blog for readers more than it will be a picture book.

BLOGGING--WHAT IT WON'T BE FOR ME NOW

I know the title is "Mommy, Financial Advisor." This is a play on the two hats I wear:  1) mother and 2)  my official title per my business card.  I am Mommy.  I am a Financial Advisor.  I will not be providing financial advice to mommies.  If you want financial advice, you'll have to send me a message.  I'll reply from my email address at work.  I am an advisor at one of the big wire houses--you'll probably be able to guess.  However, as any other advisor knows, the handcuffs are on.  We can't advertise or provide advice on the internet without special permission.

MY MOTIVATION TO DO THIS:  MY THREE YEAR OLD TRIED TO SHAVE AND HID MY KEYS IN ELMO'S AIRPLANE

I work a lot.  I work more than 40 hours a week, by a long shot.  My husband also works, and decided to go back to school full time.  We see each other two to three nights a week.  When I became a financial advisor, my family's advisor "recruited" me.  He did not tell me it would be a sales job.  He did not tell me I would have to meet everyone on this blue and green planet who has money.  I thought "I can manage money." Then I started working and had to find people with the balls to let me manage their money!

I'm not doing this to provide parenting advice or financial advice.  What I write will not be perfect.  I'm doing it quickly.  There will be errors.  The decisions I make are not perfect, but are the best decisions I can make at that moment.  I am not perfect, but I am honest.  I don't know if anyone will ever follow this.  If I do something that offends you, feel free to criticize--just don't be offended a second time if I clearly don't take your advice.  We probably just have different parenting styles.

I want to chronicle my life juggling motherhood with my career.  I hope it's entertaining.  Here goes nothin'.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment